John & Chris talk about why real-world marketing requires 50% of your time to market a freelancing practice, recurring retainers, and how to be in all the places your client might expect to see you.
ARE YOUR CLIENTS HOLDING YOU BACK?
Every $100K freelancer knows how to overcome the 5 most common problem clients that eat up time, energy and profits – do you?
If not, learn how to overcome these toxic clients and get on the road to smaller headaches and larger profits! Sign up today for a free 5-part e-mail course.
- Recurring retainers – use it or lose it, like insurance
- Upsell from prior engagement
- Value-based pricing
- Dictate into Siri to make article writing easier
- Real-world marketing means writing a LOT of content before any of it catches on
- Use the Skyscraper technique
- real-world marketing requires a 50/50 split of your time – be the rainmaker
- When leads come to you, you have leverage
- Be seen in as many places as your targeted audience is
- Meet your local chamber leadership, get in good with them
- Don’t necessarily pitch at chamber events; just get to know people
- People do business with people (they like)